Saturday, May 8, 2010

My dream job


First off, let me say that I GOT A JOB! Actually, it’s a contract, a very LEAN contract, but it pays more than unemployment so YEAAAAA! But, boy, working sure cuts in to my TV viewing time. I’m going to have to let go of all those series that I had collected to watch in my durance vile (Yes, google it, I’ll wait.) And I’m starting to feel like a functioning human being again instead of a zombie whose only light in the world was the glow of the tv screen. And my finally-not-so-sluggish thoughts turn towards posting in my blog again.

So I have a job. But it’s not my dream job.

My dream job would involve something that is near and dear to my heart. It is a hobby of mine. I luvvvvvvvv to paint.

Ah, but what do I paint, you ask?

I paint faces.

No, not the carnival/festival/cartoon face painting where someone, usually dressed as a clown, paints cute pictures on kid’s faces and prays that the mom is right and the kid doesn’t have any allergies that might kill them on the spot.

I put makeup on faces. Well, to be a little more precise, I only put makeup on my face, at least right now. But I would love to put makeup on everyone’s face. Yep, my dream job is at Sephora.

Now don’t get me wrong. I have painted in the more traditional sense. My first love is pastels, those luscious colored sticks of fine powdery substances that you rub across the paper and use your fingers to blend just right.

But after a long day at a very creative job I just don’t have the creative juices and energy left to come home and paint like that any more.

But I do have the time and energy to take 10 minutes in the morning and work that same magic using my face as my canvas. And all those gorgeous luscious colors are available in makeup too.

So I paint my face every morning, trying different palettes and techniques, just for fun. And maybe some do I’ll do it for someone else.

I think I’ll think about what it might take to make that happen. Any suggestions?

Camellia

No comments:

Post a Comment