Saturday, May 8, 2010

One of those polls

I have been accumulating some posts and, before posting, was trying to put them into some kind of logical order, this thought followed that thought, and so forth. But I don't have the time to do that without pulling out my hair so I'm just going to post them. If they seem a little out of order, well, don't say I didn't warn you.

What’s your favorite past vacation? Honeymoon in Hawaii – new place, new husband.

What’s your dream vacation? Somewhere with animals and trees and creeks and no people.

What’s your favorite food? Anything rich and creamy, like fettuccini alfredo or clam chowder.

What’s your favorite book? Seriously? ONE book? You must be joking. How about my favorite series – the Valdimar series by Mercedes Lackey. But then there is the military science fictions series by Elizabeth Moon. And the Harry Dresden series by…well, you get the idea.

What’s your favorite movie? The latest Star Trek. No, wait – Iron Man. No, no, how about the first Transformers movie. I know! I know! “Much Ado about Nothing!”

What’s your favorite weekend past time? Ohio RenFest.

What’s your favorite athletic activity? Dancing.

What’s your favorite type of music? Hmm. I like many genres, but my all-time favorite CD is Paul Simon’s ‘Negotiations and Love Songs’.

What’s one good thing that’s happening in your life? I GOT A JOB.

Who would you have lunch with if you could (dead or alive)? Queen Elizabeth the First. Although she would probably find me boring.

What’s an occupation you would love to try? Interior Redesign.

What’s an occupation you would never try? Anything to do with health care.

What’s your favorite sound? Ducks quacking.

What’s your least favorite sound? The squeal of brakes.


What’s your favorite holiday? None. To me holidays are a time of unrealistic expectations forced upon me by people who punish me when I can’t meet them.


Describe an image that inspires you. Sunshine splashed over anything.
If you could be a wild animal, what would you be? A black panther like Bagheera in Jungle Book.

If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money ($10 million)?
Travel the world to see the art museums.

If you could live anywhere – and money was not a worry – where would
you live? Italy.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? When you drive, stay in your own lane. That way you won’t have a problem when you round a curve and encounter a vehicle coming in the opposite direction (I learned to drive on two-lane winding country roads). I find this advice is good in many life situations, though. Stay in your own lane, tend to your own business...

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever given? Don’t wear anything that is wider than it is long.

What was your first job? Waiting tables in a local greasy spoon for a dollar an hour.

When you were in first grade – what did you want to be when you grew
up? A ballet dancer.

Who is your hero? Myself. I have overcome so much.

What’s your favorite season of the year? Spring.

If you were stranded on an island with one person – who would it be? Heheheheheheheheh…Christian Kane.

What’s your favorite car?  A pickup truck.

What makes you laugh? My husband’s off-the-cuff humor, most of which is unrepeatable in polite society.

Which core value speaks most to you and why? If it’s not yours, don’t touch it. On a personal scale, I am very territorial, so hands off – and I do the same for everyone else. On a large scale, if everyone adhered to this principle it would solve just about every problem in the world.

What’s the most innovative idea you’ve ever heard? Just about everything I see on QVC, seems like.

Camellia




No comments:

Post a Comment